If a graduate degree is critical to your career trajectory, Pace Academy helps you balance substance abuse or dual diagnosis recovery while starting or completing an academic program. Our coastal Newport Beach and Huntington Beach locations are close to a number of campuses, and our men’s- only program has helped hundreds of young adults achieve long-term sobriety while attending grad school.
Graduate School & Addiction Trends
It is not surprising when academic burnout and graduate school stress lead to misuse of stimulants, benzodiazepines, alcohol, and marijuana. Students are caught in a vicious cycle, relying on medications like Adderall and Ritalin to stay focused during exams—then drinking or smoking cannabis to relax. Pace Academy college recovery program gives young men a one-of-a-kind opportunity to:
- Finish school in the comfort of a therapeutic environment
- Build a supportive community of sober friends
- Learn proactive studying & test-taking skills
- Develop healthy outlets for stress
- Identify & manage relapse triggers
- Tailor rehab goals to meet long-term career plans
- Navigate the culture of partying
In addition to providing academic and social support for graduate students, Pace Academy addiction specialists and clinicians teach young men to manage their time and money, live on a budget, balance work and recreation, make healthy decisions, and develop nutrition and exercise habits that optimize recovery.
Orange County Graduate Study Options
Pace Academy’s gender-specific program provides support for college students pursuing associate or bachelor’s degrees at a variety of Orange County community colleges and universities:
- Argosy University
- Azusa Pacific University
- California State University Fullerton
- Chapman University
- Concordia University
- Pepperdine University Irvine Graduate Campus
- University of California, Irvine
- Vanguard University of Southern California
Your substance abuse or dual diagnosis does not need to stall or derail your graduate degree. At Pace Academy, our team helps you walk confidently in the direction of your goals while prioritizing your sobriety. Call our team at 877.405.9411. For your convenience, you can also connect online confidentially.