Anxiety is quite common, with more than 40 million people experiencing it each year. Finding the perfect gift for someone who has it could be a challenge. Our guide helps you understand what people with this illness endure and what you can buy them to help alleviate some of their symptoms.
What Does it Feel Like to Have Anxiety?
Anxiety produces irritability, panic, dread, rapid heartbeat, restlessness, fatigue because of poor sleep, and other symptoms. People with it might feel on edge or engage in compulsive behaviors since they feel out of control. To demonstrate, someone anxious about finances might continually do their budget to quell their nerves.
What are Some Gift Suggestions for Those with Anxiety?
As such, you want to find gifts that help them feel calm, relaxed, and safe. Here are some suggestions:
- Weighted blanket: A weighted blanket hugs your body, helping you feel secure and comforted. For those suffering from anxiety, it provides a relaxing haven.
- Plants: Not only can a plant spruce up a room, but it can also help reduce anxiety. Lavender, in particular, is a wise choice. Its scent induces relaxation.
- Epsom salts or bath bombs: Baths relax the muscles, resulting in improved sleep. And if you use bath salts containing Epsom salts, it calms anxiety.
- Yoga: Yoga reduces anxiety through breathing exercises and mediation. If you know someone suffering from this condition, consider buying them a yoga mat and an app subscription to a yoga program. Or, if they prefer to take a class in person, you can purchase a block of them through a local studio.
- Massage: Massage loosens the muscles, improves blood flow, and promotes relaxation. You can use websites like Groupon to secure a great deal from a local therapist.
- Adult coloring book: Sometimes, having a fun activity can quiet the mind and allow someone to focus on another task. If your friend or family member loves to color, adult coloring books give them a chance to recenter and re-energize through something they love to do.
- Tea: Drinking tea can also reduce anxiety. You can find cute tea sets at your local department store, boutique, or through an online retailer. When choosing calming teas, aim for ones with lavender, mint, green, or Chamomile.
- Exercise class: Exercise lowers anxiety and helps promote a healthier sense of well-being. You can buy a membership to their favorite exercise class, a gift card to a local gym, or an app subscription.
- Meditation apps: Meditation can also soothe anxious minds. You can give this gift by purchasing a meditation app.
- Journal: A journal allows a person to empty their thoughts on paper. Not only can this be a wise way to curtail anxious thoughts, but it can also help someone discover the source of their anxieties and thought processes around them.
Take the First Step Towards a Peaceful Future
Only 36% of people receive treatment for anxiety. There are many therapies available that can help you confront the source of your anxieties. You also learn coping behaviors, leading to healthier outcomes.
If anxiety interferes with your daily life, reach out to an admissions counselor. We will work with you to explore all the treatment options available.