Wondering what to bring to treatment?
Here is a list:
- A Valid driver’s license, passport or other government issued photo identification
- Health insurance & prescription card
- Luggage - please limit yourself to one or two large suitcase(s) and one carry-on bag of clothing. Laundry facilities, detergent, iron and ironing board are provided at no cost. All luggage/bags will be searched by staff upon arrival at the facility.
- Toiletries- all toiletries must be alcohol free. You may bring such items as shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, mouth wash (alcohol free only), and sunscreen. Any items containing alcohol such as cologne, will be stored in the staff office and may be used with staff supervision.
- Clothing - casual/comfortable clothing that can be layered.
- Appropriate sleepwear
- Shoes for everyday use, gym shoes & hiking shoes
- Workout attire for the gym and experiential groups.
- Swim trunksats & sunglasses
- Laundry facilities and detergent are provided at no additional cost to residents, so plan on having a 7 to 10-day cycle of clothing with you when you arrive. Note: Your clothing should reflect a healthy attitude toward recovery. Please do not bring clothing with drug or alcohol logos as this can be triggering to the community. These items are prohibited and will be shipped home at the owner’s expense or stored in the staff office until program completion.
- Bedding & Towels Pillows, sheets, a comforter and a towel will be provided. Should you choose to bring your own items for comfort reasons, the items must be in good taste and not show excessive wear.
- Spending Money Clients should bring no more than $400 cash initially. Small bills such as $10’s and $20’s are preferred. It is highly recommended that these funds be sent to the facility via check instead of sending cash.
- Payment Payment balance is due upon admission to the program. Credit card, check or wire transfer are the acceptable payment types.
- Electronics Certain program phases do not allow use of cell phones or laptops, but these items may be brought and stored in the staff office until use is permitted. It is recommended that clients bring an I-pod or similar MP3 music player without Wi-Fi connectivity as a means to listen to music during non-group time such as the gym.
- Out of respect to the community, external speakers for electronic devices are prohibited.
- Medication Please try to arrive with a minimum 4-day supply of prescription medication to avoid any missed doses. Please arrive with a current list of all your medications and dosages. While in treatment, authorized medications will be picked up by staff from a local Pharmacy. The client and/or family are responsible for any co-pays or out of pocket expenses for purchasing prescribed medication(s). It is recommended that a credit card be put on file at your local Walgreens along with the client’s insurance information if applicable to facilitate this process. Any unauthorized medications or illegal substances brought on to PACE Recovery Center property will be destroyed upon admission into the facility. Maintenance medications such as Subutex or Suboxone, stimulants such as Adderall or Vyvanse and all illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
- Tobacco Use Smoking and chewing tobacco are only allowed in designated areas. Cigarettes and chewing tobacco must arrive in the original sealed container. Electronic or E-cigarettes are allowed. Note: Loose tobacco products such as tobacco for rolling cigarettes by hand are prohibited.
What to Not to Bring to Treatment
- Any weapon of any kind
- Household furnishings and appliances such at TV’s, blenders, stereos and couches
- Any items of excessive value
- Drug paraphernalia