What to Bring
We’ve prepared a thorough list of what you’ll need while staying at PACE Recovery Center—and what you should plan to leave at home.
Wondering What to Bring to Treatment?
Here is a list:
What You Should Know
Laundry facilities, detergent, an iron, and an ironing board are provided at no cost. All luggage and bags will be searched by staff upon arrival at the facility.
Bedding and Towels
Pillows, sheets, a comforter, and a towel will be provided. Should you choose to bring your own items for comfort reasons, the items must be in good taste and not show excessive wear.
All toiletries must be alcohol-free. You may bring such items as shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, mouth wash (alcohol-free only), and sunscreen. Any items containing alcohol (such as cologne) will be stored in the staff office and may be used with staff supervision.
Clients should bring no more than $400 cash initially. Small bills such as $10s and $20s are preferred. It is highly recommended that these funds be sent to the facility via check instead of sending cash.
Payment balance is due upon admission to the program. Credit card, check, and wire transfer are the acceptable payment types.
Certain program phases do not allow use of cell phones or laptops, but these items may be brought and stored in the staff office until use is permitted. It is recommended that clients bring an iPod or similar .mp3 music player without wi-fi connectivity as a means to listen to music during non-group times.
- Please try to arrive with a minimum 4-day supply of prescription medication to avoid any missed doses.
- Please arrive with a current list of all your medications and dosages.
- While in treatment, authorized medications will be picked up by staff from a local pharmacy.
- The client and/or family are responsible for any co-pays or out of pocket expenses for purchasing prescribed medication(s).
- It is recommended that a credit card be put on file at your local Walgreens along with the client’s insurance information if applicable to facilitate this process.
- Any unauthorized medications or illegal substances brought on to PACE Recovery Center property will be destroyed upon admission into the facility.
- Maintenance medications such as Subutex or Suboxone, stimulants such as Adderall or Vyvanse, and all illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
Smoking and chewing tobacco are only allowed in designated areas. Cigarettes and chewing tobacco must arrive in the original sealed container. Electronic or E-cigarettes are allowed. Note: Loose tobacco products such as tobacco for rolling cigarettes by hand are prohibited.
What to Not to Bring to Treatment
- Any weapon of any kind
- Household furnishings and appliances such at TVs, blenders, stereos, or couches
- External speakers for electronic devices
- Any items of excessive value
- Drug paraphernalia