Treatment for Dual Diagnosis at PACE Recovery Center
Up to half of people suffering from substance abuse also face some form of mental health diagnosis. To optimize recovery success, clients with a dual diagnosis should partner with a facility providing integrated treatment for addiction and behavioral illness. PACE Recovery Center offers recovery tracks that address co-occurring disorders from a variety of perspectives: psychosocial, medical, spiritual, and relational.
Benefits of Dual Diagnosis TreatmentOne major challenge of dual diagnosis treatment is getting to the root of the symptoms. Environmental and genetic factors can leave patients vulnerable to overlapping substance abuse and mental health conditions. In some cases, long-term chemical dependency leads to mental illness. In other situations, a client may use alcohol or drugs to escape the burden of depression, mood disorders, or PTSD. Because of their complexity, co-occurring disorders require a specialized plan of care. Working collaboratively with referring physicians and healthcare providers, our clinical team develops a customized treatment plan that provides true continuity of care for dual diagnosis patients and their families. PACE Recovery Center’s dual diagnosis program includes treatment for addictive disorders and:
- Major depression
- Anxiety disorder
- Disordered eating
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
Treatment ModalitiesThe staff at PACE Recovery Center uses evidence-based practices that are proven beneficial for dual diagnosis clients. These include:
- Group therapy. Clients attend group therapy sessions where they explore addiction topics and learn coping mechanisms, relapse prevention, and sobriety skills.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is a form of psychotherapy designed to help clients solve problems by uncovering the connection between thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
- Family therapy. Co-occurring disorders cause pain for family members as well as patients. PACE Recovery Center offers family programming that addresses grief, anger, and relational discord.